Are you planning on selling your handmade creations online? Do you want to make some extra money on the side? Get all important information you need on how to sell through Etsy!
Introduction to Etsy
Etsy is a popular marketplace for selling handmade crafts, art pieces, and vintage goods. When Etsy first hit the stage, it became a huge trend. Sellers from all over the world engaged in handmade items, established online stores, explore potential markets, and started selling to customers worldwide.
However, because of the huge competition on Etsy, your online business can have its ups and downs. You can never be 100% sure that your Etsy shop will stay on track and have no problems at all. You need to keep in mind that the competition starts to expand and that many similar shops will start to pop up.
Don’t let this stop you from grabbing the success you deserve. With hard work, dedication, and quality you will be able to achieve the top and stay there. The secret is to sell various high-quality handmade items, have realistic prices, provide local and international shipping, and be kind to your customers.
How to Increase Sales on Etsy
These are a few tips that can help you increase your sales through Etsy:
- You can’t just open an Etsy store and do whatever you want. You need to be active and responsible if you want to attract new customers, have loyal buyers and increase your sales.
- Your customers will not be able to see the handmade products you are selling so posting as many pictures as you can from different angles can help them decide on buying the product. When placing the photos make sure they are clear and focused.
- Don’t overprice your products as it will be hard to sell. The prices should be real and affordable.
- Create good and interesting products – your customers will appreciate this and find it satisfying. Make sure to go for original and unique products!
- Personalize your Etsy shop as this is one of the simplest ways to increase sales. Do this by improving the appearance, details, and information available.
- Offer a discount, sale or a promotion to increase awareness of your shop and your handmade products.
Selling through Etsy may not be simple and easy as before but these few tips can definitely help you increase your self-esteem, improve your marketing strategies, and boost your sales!
— Heather P (@captureNdesign) 24 de marzo de 2017